James Wilby is a British competitive swimmer who specialises in the breaststroke. He was born on 12th November 1993 in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
At the age of 6-year-old Wilby came in under the radar, setting a new personal best of 2:24.89 in the heats – qualifying 6th fastest for the semi-finals. A small improvement of 2:24.70 was enough to finish in 9th place in the semi-final, beating a then-unknown Adam Peaty.
In the final, Wilby swam the best race of his life so far, again surpassing his PB and winning the National 15/16 years title in an impressive 2:20.13.
In this post, you will know about James Wilby’s career, swimming results, world records and net worth.
James Wilby (British Swimmer) – Short Biography
|Born||12 November 1993|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||83 kg (183 lb)|
|National Team||Great Britain|
|Club||Loughborough National Centre|
|Social Media Profile Links||James Wilby on Facebook|
James Wilby on Twitter
James Wilby on Instagram
James Wilby – Olympic Records, Medals & Results
At the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, James Wilby broke down in tears and said he was sorry he could not win an Olympic gold medal in Tokyo for his mother, a nurse on the frontline of the coronavirus pandemic (Source).
But he won the silver medal in the 4×100 m medley event at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
|Tokyo 2020 Olympics||Silver medal – 4×100 m medley|
James Wilby – Other tournament’s Records, Medals & Achievements
At the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Wilby competed in all three breaststroke events; qualifying for the final in the 200 m – where he placed 6th in a time of 2:11.53 and the 100 m where he placed 7th in a time of 1:01.07.
He was also part of the English team that won gold in the 4 × 100 meter medley relay event, swimming in the heats but not in the final.
At the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Wilby won a surprise gold in the 200 metre breaststroke event with a winning time of 2:08.05, which is the fourth fastest time in the world this year (correct as of 3 August 2018).
He also won a silver behind compatriot Adam Peaty in the 100 meter breaststroke with a personal best time of 59.43 seconds, and a bronze in the 50 metre breaststroke.
In May 2021, Wilby won a bronze medal in 100m breaststroke at the European Championships.
- 2014 Glasgow – Gold medal – 4×100 m medley relay
- 2018 Gold Coast – Gold medal – 200 m breaststroke
- 2018 Gold Coast – Silver medal – 100 m breaststroke
- 2018 Gold Coast – Silver medal – 4×100 m medley relay
- 2018 Gold Coast – Bronze medal – 50 m breaststroke
- 2019 Gwangju – Gold medal – 4×100 m medley
- 2019 Gwangju – Silver medal – 100 m breaststroke
- 2019 Gwangju – Bronze medal – 4×100 m mixed medley
European Championships (LC)
- 2018 Glasgow – Gold medal – 4×100 m medley
- 2020 Budapest – Gold medal- 4×100 m medley
- 2018 Glasgow – Silver medal – 100 m breaststroke
- 2018 Glasgow – Silver medal – 200 m breaststroke
- 2020 Budapest – Bronze medal – 100 m breaststroke
James Wilby’s Net Worth 2021
Though James Wilby’s earnings, income, brand endorsements are not revealed, according to some sources, His current net worth is estimated between $3-5 Million.
James Wilby’s Facts & News
1. Where is James Wilby from?
James Wilby is from the Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
2. How tall is James Wilby?
James Wilby is 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in) tall.
3. How old is James Wilby?
As of this date (14th August 2021), James Wilby is 27 years old now.
4. How much does James Wilby weigh?
James Wilby’s weight is 83 kg.
5. What is James Wilby’s net worth?
Currently, James Wilby’s net worth is between $3-5 Million.
Disclaimer: Some information was collected from Wikipedia & other sources. We are not responsible for any misinformation.